The Gospel According to Lost


ABC's "Lost" has been at the center of many late night coffee shop conversations. One cannot help but talk about what happened last on the show. It screams at you to just say something. It wants you to devise your own theory. It whispers, "Go ahead and tell people what you think all of this means." Pastor Chris Seay the author of "The Gospel According to Lost" does just that. He explores each character in depth and begins a conversation with the reader about the show's spiritual implications.

I’m not going to lie, Lost is one of my favorite television shows. Naturally I was curious about what pastor Chris Seay had to say about the show. I opened the book with a slight apprehension, wondering if this book was just going to be over spiritualized allegories. My apprehension was soon elated within the first chapter of the book. I found that the book had many helpful insights to the show and angles to discuss in conversation. I loved how the author invites the reader to make the Lost experience communal by watching it in a group setting and discussing the shows finer points over kimchi brought by your Korean neighbors.

*Thomas Nelson provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.

Comments

Holly Joy said…
I think I need to get this book, especially after my 25 minute presentation on the show in Bible and Pop Culture. :)

Popular Posts