In Touch with Reality


Today we have so many ways of communicating and staying in touch, there is twitter, facebook, MySpace, Email, cellphone, landline, wiretap, and so on. But with all these ways of staying in touch it seems like I am always saying to myself "oh yea, I got call so and so, or I got email my dad." I get consumed by the business of the day to day mundane that I forget to take a few moments to really let those around me, and those connected to me know how much I love and care about them.

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35

I have noticed that far to often we neglect those we are to love and care about in the name of doing ministry. Jesus tells His disciples that it is through their love for one another that He will be made known. Could it be that all the hours of sermon prep, and ministry task are done in vain, without love? This is a question that has really been daunting me lately, as I continually plunge head first into ministry and Bible college.

I have come to the realization that I need to not only pour myself into "ministry" but into the relationships that define my life. It is through the love I show to those around me that will truly testify to my relationship with Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts